Friday, July 01, 2005

August 6: I can do it!!

Alright, so this is how it went down. In the early month of may-ish? I decided to explain to Mari that we need to do a triathlon this summer. Mari shot this idea down with incredible speed! Her needing to generate a thesis was the major problem... but then there was Neil... Neil is a friend who ran the Copperman Triathlon last year, and has an incredible ability to persuade.. Hence, Mari calls me up late May/early June to inform me that we are running the Copperman...

and it's all downhill (or up?) from here...

Oh man, what a couple of weeks. We put in a decent... 4 days training and then I left for the vacation/wedding in Virginia.. I was so adamant about my training... not. But here we are, already July and Mari and I are workin it.. :) or tryin to..

On an even sadder note, we also signed up to run in the Keweenaw Trail Running Festival, which is a 10k, and practice for the tri. Did I mention that it's on July 8th? yeah... oh man.

Good thing I bought an uplifting book today entitled: "Triathlon Training in Four Hours a Week." The biggest thing is going to be a positive mentality! right? I hope so...

No comments: