Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Since I've been Home!

20-Giugno-2006

I've been trying to write down the changes I've noticed since I've been home. For the most part I'm doing this because of the articles that I'l have to write, but there are some personal curiosities as well.. Here's my list so far:


  • Size of people.. is larger than I remember...
  • Carpet!! I can't believe how much carpet there is in this country..
  • Food.. sits differently in stomach.. smell the grease
  • People speak English! (Casey and I will now have to struggle through our Italian in order to talk about people while standing around them.
  • Free shuttles to airports and FREE WATER!!
  • Ball caps and beards.. people have them.. wow.
  • People have interesting stereotypes about Italians.. ie that they get drunk off of wine every night... not so, Italians do drink a lot of wine, but on VERY rare occasions did I ever see a drunk Italian
  • I can't have my own pizza anymore, it's considered rude...
  • shoot I knew I should have wrote more of these down...


Well, that's all my brain can come up with right now. more will come, I hope.

No comments: