Wednesday, March 18, 2009

random rant...

It isn't a commonly known fact but I have long since had issues with my own name, Lynn. I point out that it only "sometimes" has a vowel, as the saying goes: "A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y." In high school I even propagated my own nicknames (really lame)... And today during my email sign-offs, I came up with yet another reason why it bugs me: Using an L as a sign off letter rather than my name just doesn't have the appeal of a b, m, h, j, or a.

I know, I know I must have better things to be doing right now than complain about this. But I feel as if I have been deprived of a useful letter to end emails, blog posts, or notes. A lowercase "L" looks like nothing more than a vertical line in fonts used for email communication, granted the font type makes a difference, but not much.

Alright, that's my week's worth of complaining... So everyone, appreciate your letter...

1 comment:

Belinda Marie said...

"Using an L as a sign off letter rather than my name just doesn't have the appeal of a b, m, h, j, or a."

Damn it feels good to be a b.

- b