Friday, April 03, 2009

Painting a house...

Wow, now there's something I hadn't planned on quite yet. The remodeling is moving quickly and I think it's time to consider what type of paint should go on the walls.. Hopefully the drywall will be completed early this weekend and will be followed by an intense session of mudding, tapeing, and sanding!

I love colors... I think sometimes that I overuse color and forget how great using white can look... especially in my designs. But, having grown up with white walls, I think I want to add lots of color to the walls of our first home.


I stopped at Sherwin Williams on the way home the other day just to view what they have to offer... This is the already-picked color palette that I like the most. I'm not opposed to mixing and matching and I will probably be doing some of that too but I thought this might provide a good base. Thoughts?

I'm currently leaning toward the Tigereye on the East wall and the Basket Beige on the North and South.
So that's my really, really bad 3d interpretation... and the colors aren't quite true. They are both deeper and provide a "richer" feel, or at least I think so. The other palette colors, like the dark brown, will hopefully be the wood furniture color (table, chairs, shelves) and the teal color would be more for accent. Or at least that's how I'm picturing. The real conundrum then is what to do with the bathroom.... any ideas?

1 comment:

Belinda Marie said...

Paint the bathroom the goldenrod color from the palette you chose...then get a teal bathtub and sink. :) Ok, maybe not that extreme...but I really like that yellow in smaller spaces, if you add enough white/neutral colors to balance it out..and if your walls aren't huge in your bathroom. Lots of 'ifs'.. :)

So exciting! I can't WAIT to have my own house...