Monday, April 20, 2009

Today on campus...


Snow in Hancock...
Originally uploaded by lynndro
I woke up this morning to this view outside my backdoor. Yes, I was a bit surprised, slightly saddened, and ultimately hoping I was still asleep. On Friday the temperature was 70 degrees and the sun seemed to be here to stay, but alas, we were punked.

The most interesting part of this snowy dusting, was walking on campus this morning. I got here at a time when most students were in their first class but there were still a few meandering about on the sidewalks. I noted, no one walked in a group and there was that all too familiar silence that snow seems to bring. Since we are a friendly community, I noticed that everyone I passed made eye contact with me, but no one muttered "hello," or "good morning." The look seemed to be somber disbelief... and that, my friends, was the mood on campus this morning..

No comments: