Wednesday, April 29, 2009

the perfect distraction...


Apparently my mom knows my weaknesses for creatures of any kind because yesterday she sent me a link to a live webstream of an eagle's nest. wow. There went my productivity.

I immediately tweeted it on twitter and have since had the greatest amount of retweets or RTs that I have had to date using the micro-blogging software. (This is a good thing, feel free to clap.) I also spent some time watching how many viewers were following the neat live stream. When I first visited yestrday morning, there were approximately 440 viewers, between 12 and 1pm, the feed piqued at 1,200 viewers! This morning, as of 9:12am there are 557 viewers, I think the eagle's are gaining popularity!

I felt the need to write about this because I think the fact that scientists/researchers are using web technologies for studying/viewing purposes is awesome! I only wish the CBC site had some kind of posting functionality so that experts could pose reasons for some of the eagle behaviors. IE the different calls, the reason why the 3 small ones seem to be 3 different sizes, etc. I took a few pictures over my short observing timespan and JUST MISSED a picture with both mom and pops (I was sorely disappointed.)

Mostly I just enjoy hearing the sounds of the woods while sitting inside and working. It's very soothing and I'm excited to keep checking in as the little guys grow.

Watch out, she's watching you!












__________________________________

UPDATE! Got one! Mom and Pop Bald Eagle :-)

No comments: