Thursday, May 11, 2006

time sure is flying...

11-Maggio-2006

Holy non updates! I believe this might be some type of record. Well, I assure you all that nothing extraordinary has happened since my last post, I have just been incredibly busy.

With nothing but my good looks and charm I managed to convince my Italian teacher to let me take exam early, thus allowing me to have almost two more whole days to spend vacationing with my mom. I didn’t even have to bribe her even though I was more than prepared to do so. To reward her for this rarely allowed occurrence, I tried my best to make her chocolate chip cookies. Since the ingredients are different the cookies are a bit different too, but I don’t believe that they are too far off base.

Since I learned of this amazing news, I have been busy re-organizing the schedule for my vacation with my mom. I amazingly enough got the whole figured out, with only a minor amount of headaches. Ya know how before vacations you usually look at them with dread because there is so much to do before you can actually go? Well, I’m at that point right now. Yesterday I finished planning the week vacation for my mom and I and then I was off and running to figure some stuff out for the two-week vacation with Adam. Both of these I will enjoy more than words can say, but right now I’m in a tizzy with things to do.

My mom and I will be enjoying an Italian vacation that consists of a night in Venice, a night in Florence, a night in Lucca, a night in San Giminagno at a farm house with a horseback riding tour and wine tasting, a day in Siena and two nights in Rome. I think we’ve got our work cut out for us. Rose will laugh. If anyone ever wants an Italian vacation, I’ll be glad to help you out, and even accompany you – for a price ;). Maybe I should start offering my services online, I feel like I could make a go at a very personalized vacation planning service. There isn’t any way I could have done it without the internet though.

Planning Adam’s stint in Europe has proven to be a bit more chaotic. Since we will be visiting six countries, with 5 different languages, I’m taking a bit longer to plan this one. Unfortunately, I can’t just call these places like I can in Italy because of some language difficulties but also for the arm and a leg telephone costs. But I think I’ve done ok so far. Luckily, I haven’t noticed where I have made any costly mistakes yet.. not to say that I won’t, knock on wood.

I can’t believe my mom will be here the day after tomorrow.. it’s amazing. So much to do still – packing, cleaning and preparing to move out, in addition to packing for our trip, write my article for next week and finishing two tests. Oi vey. And the worse part, I woke up with a very sore throat this morning, which will be great for my two oral exams over the next two days… I have been gargling salt water like it’s my job and would appreciate any other suggested remedies. Well, I’m off to take Italy by storm.

Ciao!

No comments: