Sunday, May 07, 2006

wahoo for mango salsa!

07-Maggio-2006

Well, the weather is not improving and it’s downright cold for May in Italy. I used this to my advantage and got a good portion of my schoolwork done for the weekend. With one more semi-productive day, I will be much closer to finishing this semester.

This morning I made my way to the market because I want to make mango salsa, yummy. On my way home I ducked off the main street and into a side street. In this particular side street there was a family with a stroller. As I got closer I realized that the father was helping his young son pee on the wall of a building. Wow. They teach em young here.

Casey, Jeff and I made a trip to the mall since Casey has ripped all of her pants. It was probably the last chance to hit up the Italian mall, so I figured it would be a good trip. We even visited the big sports store that I’d heard so much about.. but it wasn’t as exciting as I had hoped. The place was huge and generalized.

After the mall I had planned to go to Apertivo with some friends, considering this would probably be the last time we all went together. We tried out a new place, 192, and it was pretty good. I’m going to miss hanging out with everyone and randomly throwing Italian phrases into the conversation and still have everyone understand. Maybe we can have a reunion like high schools do in 5, 10, and 25 years. That would be exciting.

No comments: