Sunday, January 08, 2006

08-Jan-2006

Being well rested, I managed to be a bit friendlier than I was the previous evening with all of the other students. We got our roommate assignments and would soon be moving into our apartments for the next six months. I asked to live with Casey and Jeff so we naturally assumed there would be four students in our apt, on the contrary, there were six of us to be sharing a place. I knew one of the other guys was from Michigan Tech, Seth, but the last two I had not met. Turns out, one of them is a yearlong student, which will be a very good thing to have around. He doesn’t arrive until next week and his name is Brad. Jeff is the other student I did not know, he lives in Nevada and goes to school in Reno. He seems very nice and social; I think our house will get along fine. Seth and I hit it off faster than you could say “pasta.” Not just because he was from Michigan Tech and a snowboarder, but we think the same and just have personalities that are very similar.

Our apartment was not very far from the hotel we were staying in. Unfortunately, we had to carry our bags there. What a bum deal. Regardless, we made it and got all settled in. The bedrooms are good sized but the kitchen and bathroom is a wee bit on the small side. The big disappointment is that there isn’t a living room. Other than that, as soon as we can get our drain unclogged, we’ll be in good shape. Our landlord, Deborah, seems very nice and she’s even a travel agent. We are hoping she can get us some good deals to see some different sights and parts of Europe.

No comments: