Saturday, January 28, 2006

28-Jan-06

Ok, so sort of being sick turned into being all out sick. Well, mostly just head cold with some severe nasal drainage… real good times. Between vitamins and anti cold medicine, I took 5 horse pills today. I don’t highly recommend this.

Thus, this Saturday night finds me hanging out in my room and contemplating doing homework. LAME! I know. The weather the past couple of days has been crazy. We started getting some serious snowfall and then it turned to rain this morning. Now we just have a big slushie pit of mess. All my stuff is pretty much soaked. I liked the snow better. I was planning on going snowboarding tomorrow, but I think I might wait for a weather update or at least til I’m feeling a little bit better.

Ian came into town on Thursday night. We gathered up the housemates and headed to the pub for an evening of fun. Other than that, we did some site seeing yesterday. I don’t think I’ve walked that much since I’ve gotten here. It was cool, Ian and I are on the same sort of schedule “eat, walk, and eating while walking.” If I don’t gain some pounds while I’m here, I’ll be amazed! I dropped him at the train station this morn and he flies out of Paris to go back home tomorrow.

On Thursday I managed to get the exact same tickets that we tried to purchase at the ticket outlet. This time with a 15 euro service charge. I think it was a ploy to get us to spend more money. But we will be attending the men’s freestyle mogul event. Can’t complain about that too much. So far I haven’t mapped out the whole journey for the traveling, but I will be doing that soon. I’m really excited to see more sights.

On Tuesday I get to do my first day of Olympic volunteering. They sent out a “confidential e-mail” and I received my secret duties. Hopefully I’ll be able to use my dazzling personality to score some more time working the Olympics or something. We’ll see how that turns out.

Well, I think that’s it for me tonight. It’s only 7:43pm but I’m pretty much toast. I blame it on being sick! Ciao!

No comments: