Thursday, January 19, 2006

19-Jan-06

Ok, a lot has happened today. Tomorrow we are headed to Transvania, spelling correction coming soon, to snowboard. We are headed out tomorrow at 10:30am. Hopefully a one-way ticket will cost around 9 euros. That sort of price I can definitely handle. This kind of all got thrown together last minute after the Switzerland trip was cancelled. I think there will be about 10 of us going. I am so pumped to go snowboarding that I can’t even think straight. Even if I hadn’t been able to go snowboarding at all while I was over here, it’s still comforting to have that stuff here so I can look at it and remember all of the good times that I have had while riding.

Today was our last day of three-hour classes until the last week before the Olympics. We got our test back today and I got a B- which I feel is respectable for the rate that we have been flying through the material. We do have a lot of stuff due on Monday, which will suck not be great if we are gone for most/all of the weekend. Also, I have to write my next article for the MTU deal. I probably need a bigger list of topics to write about so that I don’t get too incredibly boring. I think planning a lot of trips while I’m here will help out.

Casey and I hit up the mall for a while today (don’t worry mom, I left empty handed) and we saw a ton of people decked out in the Olympic games wear. I’m bummed that I haven’t been able to score a volunteer position to help out. It would have been really cool to be a part of. But I do think I will be getting some tickets early next week since my friend Al will be flying over to hang out and travel during the games.

Well, it’s late and I’ve got some packing to do before our departure tomorrow. I’m not taking my computer so I suppose I’ll just have to do my best to remember the events of the weekend and report on Sunday when I get back. Ciao!

No comments: