Wednesday, January 11, 2006

2nd day of language

Well, as the hours go by, my italian is progressing. Hopefully I'll be able to communicate fully sometime in the future. Right now my words are very choppy, and I can hardly order off a menu. But at least we found a supermercado (grocery store) so i'm not starving anymore.

Currently my big problem is that they haven't even heard of wireless internet in this part of italy.. Ok, i may be exaggerating, but that is what I feel like. From what I can tell, in order for me to use my own computer to connect to the internet, I have to do it from school with a connection that is currently broken. yippie. Other than this tribulation, I haven't found too many other things to complain about..

Big Differences:
-- I can't find any symbols on the keyboard (they have either moved or left altogether)
-- The vending machines don't give back change... (ie I hauled home 4 bottles of water)
-- The bathrooms at pubs are coed AND consist of multiple holes in the floor. I kid you not.. it's sort of third world, but it is only like this in the pub.

That's all for now, if you want to mail me real snail mail, you can get the address from my mommie, and other than that, ciao!

arrivedarci

No comments: