Monday, January 23, 2006

23-Jan-06

It’s just another manic Monday… in Italy. Today was a great day, mostly because our 3.5 hr class switched to just 2 hours, but just so happened to double the amount of homework. We have another test on Thursday to prepare for as well. Yippie. Tomorrow I don’t have class at all, which will be a regular thing after the Olympics, but I still have another week of it to go.

The most amazing thing that happened today was that I found out that I would be able to volunteer for the Olympics. I am really excited and looking forward to it greatly. I was informed that I would be receiving more information about the job this week. The first day I volunteer is the 31st of January and then on the 10th of February. I am hoping to make such a good impression on the 31st that they just won’t want to let me go.

Kyle’s roommate, Neva, was at the market on Saturday and helped some people who looked clueless. Turns out they are the catering crew for the USA and Canada house. They asked her if her and a few friends were available to do some work (and get paid). They got to bartend for a party and it sounds like they will be doing some jobs for the next few weeks. I’m jealous. I would love to be able to make some euros. It’s so weird for me to not have an income. But maybe I’ll run into something like that.

As for the rest of my day, I decided that I would allow myself to purchase some running pants if I got into the running groove. Well, I went running tonight and I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it again. The mix of gasoline, cigarette smoke and just plain smog clogged my lungs so bad that it was ridiculous. I’m sure we can attribute some of it to the fact that I am out of shape, but it really was the most disgusting exercise I’ve ever done. Luckily, I didn’t buy the pants yet. I suppose I’ll have to stick to sit ups and crunches with a little bit of synchronized swimming. Ok, just kidding on that one.

Turns out my friend Ian is headed down this way in the next couple days. I talked to him today and he’s on a train to Rome right now. His next stop is Torino so it will be cool to have someone to hang out with. Hopefully we’ll be able to see some sights and have a good time.

Well, I’m going to play some ski resort tycoon since I haven’t in a very long time and avoid more studying. Ciao!

No comments: