Wednesday, January 25, 2006

25-Jan-06

I’ve just got time for a quick update today. I have my test tomorrow, and I’ve been feeling like I’m on the verge of being sick. So I took some Nyquil and I’m waiting for it to kick in.

Today we tried to go buy tickets for the Olympics because we had heard that the prices had dropped yesterday. The line wasn’t very cool and then we got to the computer where we looked for what event we wanted and it took forever to find something in our price range. Finally we found men’s freestyle aerials and the woman helping us showed us to the line where we made our purchases. We got to the front of the line, after a seemingly endless 20 minutes and then they told us when we went to print them that they were not available. So tomorrow at school I’m going to try and figure out the mystery and hopefully get some tickets online instead of dealing with the language barrier.

I also tried the bank thing again today. They people there were much nicer than the other bank, but I’ve still got to jump through some hoops in order to open an account. Apparently I need the equivalent to a social security number for Italy. I hear they are not hard to get, it just sounds like a lot of work. Maybe I’ll just suck up some charges and see how that goes for me.

Ian is rolling into town tomorrow at around 7pm. I’ve already got plans to hit up some appertivo with the French girls at my school. Hopefully we’ll make it in time. Plus, this appertivo is the same one we went to before and it was really good. Not to mention there is a gorgeous bartender ;) j/k Adam.

Speaking of Adam, I got my first package today. I was so excited! When we get mail they put the name of the receiver on the door and you have to go pick it up. I was so happy to see my name that I did a little jump. He sent me a ton of pictures, which might have made my slight homesickness a little not so slight… if you followed that. And my sleeping bag was in there, which just made me happy. Then there were a few other random things that I needed and a cute card with a puppy and chocolate… it doesn’t get much better than that!

Well, I think that Nyquil is kickin in now. Hopefully I can get better before I really start feeling crappie. Wish me luck on my test tomorrow. I’m planning on getting up early to study in the AM… that sometimes doesn’t go so well for me, so we’ll see! Arrivederci!

No comments: