Thursday, February 09, 2006

09-Feb-2006

Well, today was a pretty exciting day. I finished Italian I and now I have Italian II to look forward to after the Olympics. I feel the test went pretty well and have little concern about passing the class.

As for the rest of the day, we tried endlessly to see the torch. My mom so politely informed me that she had already seen it while I was chasing it around Torino. The problem is that our school put up a list of all the streets that it would be on, but apparently it doesn’t go down a street, it may only cross it or just be on a small segment. Trying to figure out which segment or where the path to cross is can be an adventure in itself. Unfortunately, this adventure has yet to be completed. Hopefully we’ll have another shot tomorrow.

Torino is really undergoing some transformations. As far as projects not being completed; our Italian Culture teacher told us at the beginning of the week “not to worry, they still have three days.” So that’s what my new slogan is. I didn’t really take this too seriously, but the Italians have been doing a lot to complete their projects. I’ve seen them roll out grass, put up banners to hide undesirables and wash a lot of graffiti off the walls. I’m impressed.

The amount of people in Torino continues to rise. The buses can’t even go on their normal routes because of the additional people, and probably the torch. Most noticeably, there are helicopters everywhere. If I think it’s kind of scary and I’ve only been here a month, I wonder what the Italians are thinking…

On that note, I’m off to slumberland. Tomorrow, I volunteer, if I can get up early enough.

Ci a domain! (see you tomorrow – figuratively)

No comments: