Tuesday, February 14, 2006

14-Feb-2006

Happy Valentine’s Day!! I kicked off this morning with making breakfast in bed for Jefferino and I. It was amazing except I burnt a piece of toast.

The past couple of days have been fun and exciting. Yesterday we ran all over trying to figure out the game plan for the rest of Al’s stay and my Olympic vacation. We decided to head to Mont Blanc on the day after the men’s freestyle moguls event. It’s on the border of Italy, France and Switzerland. The pictures look amazing, I’m sure that we are going to have an awesome time. After we get back from that, the current game plan is to head to Naples on some cheap tickets that I found on the train website. Hopefully we’ll get to see Pompeii where Mont Vesuvius (sp?) erupted and buried the town in a ton of ash. Should be a good time.

Last night Al talked me into going to see another event. We made our way around the ticket outlets and found women’s speed skating at 4pm this afternoon. It was pretty amazing. I was surprised how empty the arena was but there were still some very dedicated fans. The Netherlands were well represented and their fans were about as nuts as the dedicated Tech hockey fans. Russia won the event today. It made me feel pretty darn cool sitting on my butt in the bleachers watching these fantastic athletes perform. I think I might need to go running.

On another good note, Canada house called and I stopped over to pick up the money they owed me from that night that Seth and I helped out. Yeah for 40 euro! Other than that, nothing too exciting has been going on. Moguls should be a really good time. We’re going to be leaving early so we can make the hour train ride and still have plenty of time to freeze our butts off waiting for it to start.

Well now, I’m about to go read until my eyes fall out. It sounds like the perfect ending to a fun filled day. Ciao!

No comments: