Monday, February 27, 2006

27-Feb-2006

Picture Link, for my mom who is technologically challenged.

Today was horrible. Mostly it was bad because my school started back up and partially because Mondays are going to be my worse days from here on out. My class schedule is very different from how I try to schedule my classes at home. Here since we only have a few classes offered at all, the times are all pre determined and that made it so that I have afternoon/evening classes instead of morning classes. I’ve never had anything but morning/afternoon classes and my brain is prescheduled to shut off at noon. So, how this is going to work, I am not quite sure. Today I had three classes; Italian culture, Italian conversation and Italian language II. It’s a lot of Italian, to say the least and if I’m not fluent by the time I get back, I think I’ll cry.

Other than that, the day was pretty fun. I celebrated Kim and Andrea’s birthdays with them a few weeks to late, but celebrated nonetheless. We hit up the local appertivo with a few other friends and hung out til the rest of the crew decided to venture to another bar to celebrate another birthday! Oh the birthdays in Italy. Good times.

On a random note, I think I’m going to see if it would be possible for me to earn an Italian language certificate while I’m here. However, I don’t know if Michigan Tech will like the sound of that, so after I inquire, I’ll bring forth an update. Yes, I’m tired. And now, I’m going to bed…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you had a horrible day. :( I have been having some horrible days too! I need to catch you up on the drama that is my life. This semester has been very interesting, and I wish I had you to counsel me more often....but alas...you're in Italy. I am really very excited and happy for you. I just miss you. :) Hope you have better days soon