Saturday, March 04, 2006

04-March-2006

So today I had to pay rent and needed to take out some additional money from the ATM to cover the cost. I went to my favorite ATM that allows you to take out more money than the usual because I get charged a flat fee no matter how much money I take out. So my favorite ATM, which I’ve used before, decided to reject my card with the “this card is not able to make international transactions, contact your bank” babble. I started crying uncontrollably into my coat sleeve. Okay, I didn’t, but I was a little upset.

I called my mom later to see if we could get down to the bottom of my card moodiness that one moment works and the next moment hates my guts. It turns out that my bank has had a lot of fraud problems in Italy and no one with a National City account can get money out of an ATM right now. Peachy. Now I have to go to a bank and try to get a cash advance, which will in the long run end up having fewer fees. This is only if I can figure out how to ask for a cash advance in Italian….

No comments: