Wednesday, March 15, 2006

15-Marzo-2006

I’ve survived the two day break from school. I suppose it hasn’t really been a “break” because I’ve still had to go, just not for class. Anyways, I received some bad news today – Our Mtn adventure for this weekend has been cancelled. Not quite sure why yet, but I will find out tomorrow. I’m kind of bummed but I’m contemplating going to Cinque Terre, which is supposed to be absolutely amazing. It’s a place along the Italian coast that has five towns connected by some back packing trails. Sounds like a pretty good time to me. I just need a dog or three and an Adam and we’ll be all set.

Tomorrow I have my first test in Italian 2. We’ll see how that goes. I should probably be studying my eyes out right now, but other not-so-important stuff just sounded like a way better time.

FYI, I did make it on the sign up sheet for Paris!! Yay! For 165 euro I get travel, two nights in a three star hotel, and two breakfasts! Sounds stupendous! We were at school yesterday thinking about how much time we had left, which apparently isn’t much, and we decided that we better start scheduling some trips. So today we got airfare for Glasgow in Scotland for two weeks from now, then there’s the Paris trip and right after that we’re going to go to Germany for some time. Hopefully we’ll be happy with our choice destinations. They were pretty much decided on because we could get there relatively inexpensively. Let’s hope it’s worth it. I’m not worried about Scotland at all, but Germany, we’ll have to look into. We were thinking about heading to Prague if we could, I hear it’s got some great stuff.

Today Kim and I went to the market to do some shopping and get some food. We decided for lunch that we would hit up the fish market and try some fresh shrimp. We spent 6 euro and got a ton of shrimp which we were pretty pumped about… However, we got them home and de-shelled.. they didn’t taste so good. We couldn’t figure out why at first and it made us really nervous.. but I think they taste a lot like the shrimp my family had at Christmas that had been too old or just frozen to long.. Which didn’t make much sense since these were supposed to be fresh.. but now we know I guess.

I got all excited and motivated about artsy things after Casey got her paints, so I bought some oil pastels.. Not quite sure if there is a technique but right now I feel like they’re pretty much like crayons and my skills are at the second grade level. Oy vey. I’ll work on that one.

Ciao for now!

No comments: