Monday, March 20, 2006

20-Marzo-2006

Not a good day for Torino… Today is my Monday, which if you recall is my super long day of classes. At the very beginning of my first class our teacher announced that she had some bad news and told us how one of the students in the class died over the weekend. It was pretty hard news; this student in particular is in all of my classes. He was one of the Swedish students and was out really late Saturday night. A lot of people remember seeing him at a popular club that night but something happened to him between 4 and 6am and he wound up under a tall train bridge. They aren’t sure if he fell or if he was pushed, but they said that it looked like he had some severe head trauma before the fall. The police are investigating and the class took it pretty hard. There aren’t a lot of students in the program so everyone knows everybody else. Classes were rough, they didn’t try to make us really think, we pretty much just discussed a few things and then we were dismissed.

Other than all the awkwardness of that, and life re-evaluations, the day was alright. I got another package from Adam, which helped make the day a lot better. I went home with Andrea because her roommate was still in Cinque Terre and we had dinner and watched Miss Congeniality 2. Now I’m thinking about sleeping but I’m not tired at all.

No comments: