Tuesday, March 07, 2006

07-Marzo-2006

Oh yay for Italian Cuisine. I think I’m going to change majors and look into culinary arts. I don’t think I’d ever graduate, but taking the classes would be fantastic. Our teacher and her assistant are so nice that it’s incredible. Maybe it’s just a cooler than other classes because she teaches it at her house and that makes it seem very unlike actual class. Anyways, yesterday we made grilled peppers and some sort of anchovy cream sauce for the antipasto. I’m definitely expanding my food horizons… For the first course we had frittata, which is very similar to an omelet. One had onions and the other had zucchini and onions. Then we learned about polenta and it’s history. Turns out that people got this disease called pellagra from eating too much corn and too little meat. We began to think that maybe I had this disease but I looked it up online and I’m incredibly thankful that I don’t have it. We also learned that people used to think tomatoes were poisonous because of the juice inside. Interesting. Next came the second piatti and we made a meat dish with a very interesting sauce. There was orange peel, which ended up being the dominating flavor. It was all right, but I probably wouldn’t have it again. For dessert this time there was a sort of piecrust with jam spread over the top. Not too sweet but just enough to be good. Cuisine class is why I want to live with some Italians.

Other than that I worked more on paper for culture. I will be overjoyed after we give our presentation on Monday. Assuming it all goes well that is. As for the rest of yesterday, not a lot happened. Jeff bought Casey some acrylic paints, which have sparked my curiosity. They look interesting… I think if my drawing abilities reflect at all on my ability to paint that I shouldn’t even try… but I want to nonetheless.

No comments: