Thursday, April 20, 2006

20-Aprile-2006

Well, I had two days of class and now I’m free until next Wednesday. I kind of like this sort of class schedule. Italy has some national holidays both this weekend and next so we have a five-day weekend (this one) and a four-day weekend next. I was upset to discover that I immediately got bites when I slept in my bed again but I got a new mattress today, so we’ll see what happens tonight.

Brad’s birthday was yesterday and we hosted a party, which may have been a poor decision. There ended up being lots of people in our too small apt and I have a feeling the neighbours might be more than a little disgruntled.

I found out yesterday that I got a 95% on my last Italian test. I’m not sure if the class is getting easier or if I’m just becoming super Italian grammar kid. We have a lot of homework due for next week so I am going to make an effort to get it done before I forget everything in the upcoming long weekend.

I don’t really have anything planned for this weekend yet. I’m thinking about a few different day trips since there are still some things in northern Italy that are supposed to be pretty darn cool. That and I have the free museum pass for Torino, which I should be taking more advantage of than I already am.

Today I was bummed to hear that I won’t be able to get my job back at the Keweenaw Brewing Company right away. The KBC only hires a small amount of people so that everyone gets the amount of hours that they want, which is really smart, but also means that they can’t take on another person at this time. Hopefully I’ll be back there in late June, but it might not be until the end of August. This presents me with a couple of different options. I am taking summer courses for the second part of the summer, but they don’t start until the end of June. Depending on what Downwind Sports has in mind, I might see about going home and working for my mom since it’s not like I’m going to have any money for rent. Not that I’ll actually make money working for my mom, but the sweatshop labor to repay my European debts has to begin sometime.

I also heard today that Applebees is opening up in July. I think I could definitely be an Applebees server. Of course it wouldn’t be nearly as great as the KBC, but I don’t think I’m in a position to be choosy. Who knows, I guess I’ll figure it out when I need to.

So we’ll see about all that good stuff, as for now, I have a book I started in Germany (that megan sent me for Easter) that I really need to finish. I hope that everyone is doing excellent and I’m out.

PS pictures are posted from Germany too!

A Student Abroad

No comments: