Saturday, April 22, 2006

22-Aprile-2006

Well, I just spent the last five hours working on adam’s time in Europe. I’ve got tickets for us to go to 6 countries in 11 days. I’m pretty sure it’s some sort of suicide, but other than that, I feel pretty proud. The worst part, was that I bought one set of tickets for the wrong month.. I guess I just got careless after looking at the screen for so long.. the absolute worse part of it was that they were definitely the most expensive tickets I bought…….. grrrrarrrrrrr. I think I have wasted more money carelessly over here than I care to talk about.. On the plus side, if you ignore the mistake tickets, I only spent 270 euro for both of us total for all 6 of our flights. If you do the conversion, that’s $319.00 for two people to fly to six different countries!!! Tell eurorail that they can kiss my butt!! (Eurorail is a train pass with different restrictions on what countries you can visit and requires a fee for seat reservations even after you've paid between 300-500 for the pass itself..)

For awhile I’d been thinking that the eurorail would be cheaper and wiser decision, but when you’re “super saver travel finder”, like me, you can do amazing things. I think I feel a little bit better about my mistake now.. because even if you add the mistake, it’s still a really good deal. We would have lost a lot of time on the long train rides and not been able to use the pass to the fullest extent because of some of the guidelines.

Well, the plan to do Nice tomorrow kind of fell through. This is an extended weekend because of an Italian National holiday and unfortunately everyone else in this country wanted to go to Nice too.. sucks.. but it’s ok, I’m meeting Jeff tomorrow in Milano and we’re going to Lake Majorie.. Sounds exciting huh?

After doing all that planning I just want my mom and adam to get here. I still have some work to do on my mom’s trip, but mostly printing off schedules. We are planning on doing solely an Italian excursion, which is going to be fun because I’ve been saving some important cities for when she gets here. For instance, we’re going to hit up Aosta, Venice, (again, but it was so amazing), possibly Bologna (still working on that one), definitely Florence, Rome and Milano. And she’s only going to be here for a little over a week. Now that I look at it, it’s another suicide mission. I’m going to get an earful from Rose about my hectic planning. It’s ok Rose, you will fear my wrath when we make it to Europe together. :-)

No comments: