Tuesday, April 25, 2006

25-Aprile-2006

Well, I do believe that Italy is starting to lose its luster for me. As we get closer to going home, more people are talking about going home and that is making me want to be home even more. I do love the country, the ability to travel on a whim without hesitation, but when I’m not travelling I just read or sit around and do nothing. Never far from my mind is how much work I could be doing at home.. that is probably the biggest American thing I’ve said in awhile. I have been working on a project for one of my classes and have gone above and beyond the work description to try and hold off my boredom. Here I am with the Italians and their relaxed, glamorous lives and all I want to do is wear my hoodie, walk my dog, and go to work. Don’t get me wrong, I’m forever grateful for this opportunity and have stood in awe at how close-minded I was about the world before I had this experience, but I’m ready to go home – or at least travel for everyday that I’m still here…

I suppose this last month of running on “less than high” gear should lead me to do some serious reflecting on myself as a person, on my life and what I’m going to do with it. I have already been thinking about what I want to do as far as work is concerned, where I want to live, how many dogs I want to foster.. all the important questions. :) I’m seriously considering options for working abroad and even pursuing a master’s degree, I guess time will tell.

Well, I suppose that’s all the reflecting I’m willing to share right now, so I’m off to figure out how I could banish the world of bed bugs and other creepy things that bite in the night…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I miss you a lot and cannot wait for you to come back home...but in the meantine live it up while you're there...for me too! I wish I was not in this country right now. You're seeing some awesome things and I can't tell you how many time I read this and think...dang I wish I was there! What an awesome experience for you. :)
Have fun and take care