Monday, April 03, 2006

3-Aprile-2006

I can’t believe that I forgot to finish the adventures of my Scotland story. Sunday was pretty exciting. We walked around town and sat in Borders for a while. Being able to read rocked. I even bought a cookbook so I could try and redeem myself as someone who is efficient in the kitchen. We’ll see how many more pans I can ruin in the next month and a half. After Borders we went to eat at this small art café, which had amazing food. I had a Brie baguette with sun dried tomatoes and spinach. It still sounds amazing! I tried to replicate it today and I think I might be missing an ingredient or two, but it was still good.

After we made it to the airport, thanks to Gillian and Jim, our flight was delayed because someone got on the wrong plane. When we landed, we had to catch a bus from the Bergamo-Milano airport to the Milano train station. This usually is an hour bus ride but for some reason, Sunday night traffic was thick and it took us two hours! Our train was the only thing on time about the whole journey, and we made it back to Torino a little before midnight. Regardless, still a good weekend.

Today was like Christmas. I received three, yes three packages and one super awesome card. One from Adam, one from Megan, one from my mom and a super awesome card from Rose. Thanks to all of the excellent pick-me uppers J It was great. Did you know that “espresso” literally means “pick me up?” Just thought that some of you all might need some random useless knowledge.

The new diagnosis for my bites is bed bugs. Sounds exciting huh? If you do a google search on bed bugs you can find people ranting and raving about how horrible they are. I even read about a couple that moved out of their house. Apparently once you pick them up and they start to multiply, you can get stuck with them. The web sites suggested a few at home recipes but most recommended a professional to do the dirty work. I guess we aren’t totally sure if they are bed bugs, but I’ll be taking precautions. Tomorrow I’m going to boil my bedding. Sounds fun, huh? We’ll see I suppose.

No comments: