Friday, April 28, 2006

reliving the crazy boy band days...

28-Aprile-2006

I had a pretty excellent day today. For the first good half of the day, Casey, Jeff, Jefferino and I sat on the Internet and tried to figure out where we should or would study next. It ended up being pretty interesting.

Casey, Jeff and I then decided to play some Frisbee in the park. It was a pretty dreary afternoon and it started to sprinkle almost right after I got there. The poor weather didn’t hinder our game, but Casey was kept on the sidelines because her allergies kicked in…but Jeff and I entertained ourselves for quite awhile with the Frisbee. You can really whip that thing if you get into it.


After that, being a sweaty, smelly mess, we were headed down to pay rent. As luck would have it, we ran right into a square that TRL (total request live, a very popular TV show on MTV) was set up for Torino. This isn’t the same TRL that we have in the states, they have an Italian version based out of Milano but it was cool nonetheless. We had our first opportunity to view the Italian co-hosts who we have come to know since watching Italian TV – the guy co-host is super hot. I tried my best to bring out the inner 14-year-old, but I just couldn't do it... There was a famous Italian rapper on today who wasn’t all that entertaining, in fact he is Jeff’s least favorite Italian artist, and he was sure to let us know it too :)

Eventually we made it to our landlord’s and had to talk with her about a new crimp in our “after school” plans. For the past two months we’ve been coordinating with her so that we would have a place to stay/leave our stuff after the program ended and she was nice enough to offer us the apt below ours (where two students currently are) for free since we rock. Well apparently one of the girls below us asked about staying and we would have had four people in the apt. So, we went to see if we could figure something else out and it just so happens that since our apartment has the bug infestation that they are hiring an exterminator to come in after the program and the apt won’t be needed until July. Now we can stay until we leave in our own apartment without a problem. I guess it should upset me slightly that they aren’t doing much now, but will when we leave, but I don’t really care..

We also learned that our landlord's dog, Paco, has gone missing. He snuck out the door of the travel agency when a bunch of people came in. Deborah, our landlord, explained to us that it seems to happen on a semi-regular basis, but we were still pretty torn up. Poor Paco!

This weekend is another Italian holiday and the holiday/train situation is looking the same as before. I’m having trouble finding travel buddies to cinque terre since casey is going there when her family comes and jeff doesn’t really want to go. So, I think I might head down there on Sunday and stay until Tuesday. Maybe that will help me to avoid some of the people.

No comments: